“The three-year accelerated program is a great way for a motivated student to earn a bachelor of arts in a shorter span of time, particularly for those who enter Hollins with AP or dual enrollment credits.”
2020欧洲杯体育在线平台 Dean of Academic Success
Through Hollins’ accelerated degree program, you’ll:
- Save on tuition and other college expenses
- Get the same world-class liberal arts and sciences education – including internships, research opportunities, study abroad, and leadership training
- Graduate in three years instead of four
“Because I graduated high school early with IB credits, it was an easy transition to the three-year program. I have been able to do everything I have wanted to do and more. Plus, I can apply to graduate school and potential jobs that much sooner!”
Amber Hilbish ’20
2020欧洲杯体育在线平台 Psychology major
Sample Three-Year Program
Here’s an example of how you can earn a bachelor of arts* degree in three years. Students may reduce the number of credits needed per term by applying dual enrollment, AP, or IB credits.
|Fall Term||Short Term||Spring Term|
|Year 1||18 credits||Yes||22 credits|
|Year 2||22 credits||Yes||22 credits|
|Year 3||22 credits||Yes||22 credits|
*Additional credits per term are required to earn a bachelor of science or to double major in three years.
Is the Three-Year Accelerated Program for Me?
Your first-year advisor can help you organize your time and ensure you meet all of your degree requirements in three years.
- Available to first-time, first-year students
- You can apply dual enrollment, AP, and IB credits
- You must maintain a 3.25 GPA your first year, elect a major during the second semester, and successfully complete no fewer than 40 academic credits
- You must earn at least a 3.00 GPA by the conclusion of the three-year program and take a course load of around 44 credits each year
“During my first year at Hollins, I worked closely with my advisor to develop a plan to pursue a career in psychology. After thoughtful consideration, we refined my plan of action so I could achieve my dreams in three years.”
Hinza Malik ’21
Contact Michael Gettings,2020欧洲杯体育在线平台 our dean of academic success. If you’re a current Hollins student, please speak with your advisor.